Fairford Bowling Club Outdoor Season
As the country comes out of lockdown the committee are making plans for our outdoor bowling season. The government roadmap enables us to start the season at the usual time but with some restrictions on numbers and limited access to the clubhouse in the short term. Further details will be communicated regarding our policy at various steps on the roadmap.
To get the season underway, we will not have a traditional green opening event but roll-ups can be booked on-line from Saturday 17th April Book Here. There will be Covid guidelines similar to last season regarding limited numbers, and disinfecting mats and jacks, until we are allowed to revert to our normal bowling routines after 21 June.
Some of our bowling activities will start on time but others slightly delayed until covid rules are relaxed:
- Club Competitions – Entries are now open for all club competitions. Entry to be made through the club website https://fairfordbowlinbgclub.co.uk/competitions with the normal £1 fee per player per competition paid through PayPal or the fees box. The closing date for competition entry will be 30 April.
- Monday Afternoon Triples League – will start at normal time. We could do with an additional team to avoid having a bye each week. If you are interested please contact Keith Morris (01285 713075).
- Thursday Evening Club League (and Meat Draw!) the start will be slightly delayed until 24 June. We will carry on with the existing teams within the A & B leagues.
- Other leagues, county and national competitions, & friendlies are not likely to start until after 21 June but as a club we are planning to fill the gap during that period with some of the popular Bowls/BBQ events. These will limited to 30 attendees until 21 June.
- Social Events are currently being planned so that we can get things moving quickly after all the restrictions have been lifted. Watch this space!
- Club Bar can open to serve outdoor drinks from 17 April and indoor from 17 May, subject to covid guidelines. We would like to get the bar rota going again and are looking for more volunteers. If you would like to get involved please contact any committee member.
Membership renewal for 2021 is now underway with renewal notices being e-mailed where possible. You will note we now have an option to pay the fees through Bank Transfer. Please still complete the form and return to the club for reconciliation. Where members paid fees last year those funds have been carried forward and deemed to be payment for this season.
We are expecting a very active outdoor bowling season, despite some limitations at the outset. It will be great to see members enjoying bowling and socialising at the club once again.
Fairford Bowling Club
9 March 2021